Frequently Asked Questions
We have provided a list of questions and answers below to address some of the most common topics relating to our products and services. If you can’t find an answer to your question here, please call us at 778-574-2121 we are happy to help!
SELECTION & ORDER PROCESS
What are the options of finished thickness of the stone?
Can you give me the price over the phone?
What material is better suited for a kitchen countertop? Quartz or granite?
What is the next step after having selected the materials?
MAINTENANCE & SEALING
Please note that if your countertop is a natural stone product we recommend that you re-seal your stone surface.
How often should I re-seal my counters?
What product should I use?
How to seal?
Can I cut directly on stone surface?
How to clean the countertops and natural stone?
For daily cleaning, please use only warm water with dish soap and wipe out the entire area with a soft cloth.
Never apply wax or acrylics to your natural stone. They may produce a temporary shine but could actually damage the stone.
Any chemical components should never be used as they can destroy shine of countertops.
- Wipe out spills immediately to avoid stains;
- Avoid cutting directly on stone countertops;
- Avoid dragging pots and pans to prevent scratches;
- DO NOT use ammonia-based cleaner. Ammonia – based cleaners tend to break the sealer on granite;
- Avoid using metal scouring pads, as they may cause rust stains.
- Please contact us if you are not sure how to clean your countertops or which product to use. We can also provide you a sealer that you can safely use on your natural stone surfaces – call us at 778-574-2121 to find out more!
MATERIAL & THICKNESS SELECTION
What counter thickness can I get?
What material can I use for kitchen counters?
The most popular materials are Granite and Engineered Stone. They are both durable and strong. Marble and Limestone can also be used for kitchens but you need to take into consideration that these materials are very soft and not as durable.
- Engineered Stone:
Man-made product with 93%- 97% crushed quartz and 7%-3% resin bonding components. This product doesn’t need to be sealed. We call it a “low maintenance”material.
Natural Stone product. Each piece is one-of-a-kind and unique. All granites needs to sealed.
- Marble, Limestone:
because these are softer materials, we recommend that you hone or acid wash them to prevent etching of the shine. That applies in case you are looking for a dull look in your counters.